Blessings of Community
• The gospel of Jesus Christ is expressed best in community life where people become vulnerable to God’s grace and each other.
• True community includes compassion for and solidarity with the poor, marginalized, and oppressed.
• True community upholds the worth of persons while providing a healthy alternative to self-centeredness, isolation, and conformity.
• Sacred community provides nurture and growth opportunities for all people, especially those who cannot fully care for themselves.
• We value our connections and share a strong sense of trust in and belonging with one another—even if we never have met.
• Some disciples are called and ordained to particular priesthood responsibilities and ministries for the sake of the community, the congregation, and the world.
• We are called to create communities of Christ’s peace in our families and congregations and across villages, tribes, nations, and throughout creation.